|· Keep ready an emergency kit with important medication.
· Postpone outdoor activities.
· Go inside when you hear thunder.
· Stay inside for at least 30 minutes after you last hear thunder or see lightning.
· Unplug any/all electrical/electronic equipments/appliances such as TV, computer, fans etc. and turn off Air Conditioner well before the storm arrives.
· Use battery operated radio for news updates.
· Find a house, building or a car with a solid roof.
· Stay away from broken power lines and report them immediately.
· Help people who may require special assistance such as infants, children, women and elderly.
· Provide immediate medical treatment if someone near you has been struck.
|· Do not lie on concrete/marble floors and do not lean against concrete walls.
· Avoid contact with electrical equipments or cords.
· Avoid shower, take a bath, wash dishes or use any other water source.
· Do not swim or be close to water bodies.
· Do not go under or near tall trees.
· Do not stand near metal objects such as fencing, bikes and machinery.
· Don’t lie on the ground.
Courtesy: Directorate of Disaster Management
Emergency contact Nos.
- a) State Control Room – 03192-234287, 238880, 241026, 1077
- b) Emergency Operation Cetnres (EOCs) – P/B – 03192238881, 1070; M/bunder – 03192262960; C/N-03193265241: Kamorta – 03193263222; C/Bay – 03193 264020; L/Andaman – 03193284014
- c) Police – 232100, 100
- d) Fire – 232101, 101
- e) Health – 232102, 102