Port Blair, Mar 16: The Administration is taking all measures to prevent further spread of Novel Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) in the Islands. Stage carriage buses and other public transport are essential services transporting commuters from one place of another. The operators and commuters travelling in the buses and other modes of public transport have been advised to take precautions while travelling in the public transport vehicles.
- Minimize the travel and use the public transport only for absolute necessity. Plan your travel needs accordingly.
- Operators are advised to ensure that the maximum passengers being carried at any time do not exceed fifty percent of the registered seating capacity so that a safe distance between the passengers can be maintained. Schedule of bus trips shall be modified accordingly.
- Avoid touching and shaking hands with other commuters.
- Cover your face and mouth with handkerchief / tissue while sneezing and coughing. Throw used tissues into closed bins only.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use alcohol based hand rub after and before the journeys.
- Use handkerchief/ tissue while holding grab rails/ hand rails inside the saloon of the buses.
- Operators should maintain utmost cleanliness and hygiene inside the buses by adopting appropriate measures.
The above advisory shall come into force from midnight of 16.03.2020 to midnight of 26.03.2020.