Port Blair, Aug 11: Mr. Devesh Chandra Srivastva, IPS, Director General of Police, A & N Islands officially launched the Central Equipment Identity Register(CEIR) Service for lost/stolen mobile blocking/unblocking request through Citizen Portal of A&N Police, on 11.09.2023 at Police Headquarters, Port Blair in the presence of Mr. Pankaj Kumar, IAS, Secretary (IT), Mr. Sanjay Kumar Tyagi, IPS, DIGP (Intl/CID), Mrs. Monika Bhardwaj, IPS, DIGP (L&O) and other officers and staff. With the launch of this portal, citizens can now register their Lost/Stolen mobile phone complaints directly into CCTNS Citizen Service Portal at http://citizen.andaman.gov.in/Login.aspx. This information will further go into the CCTNS Core Application. Missing mobile registration requires some specific mandatory information like mobile number and IMEI details. The data will be replicated from State Data Centre to the National Data Centre and will be shared with C-DOT for blocking. Process for blocking/non-blocking of Mobile Phones in the Citizen Portal is as follows:-
Citizens will have to login in the State CCTNS Citizen Service portal.
- He/She will enter his/her lost phone details to be blocked.
- After submission of the form, a request number will be generated and given to the user for tracking and future reference on an alternate number after due OTP verification.
- The lost mobile details given by the complainant will be shared with CEIR.
- CEIR will send a daily alert to the PS under which the complaint has been registered if a mobile phone is traced.
- When the mobile phone is recovered by the police, the complainant will be informed and an alert will be generated to his alternate mobile number.
- When the user gets his lost/stolen phone back, he may refer to his request number and request for unblocking his mobile through Citizen Portal.
The Andaman & Nicobar Police is committed towards providing a safe and secure environment to all its citizens. The department is working hard to ensure that quality policing services are provided to the citizens in a citizen friendly manner